Floral Risk

There are some outfits that are so easy to shoot….and this floral peplum-y top from Forever 21 is certainly not one of them. :-)  I took a style risk with this mix because I’m really not so used to mixing loose tops like this with my breezy palazzo pants…so you could see here that I needed a lot of help from my hand to give this entire outfit some hint of shape! :-) :-)  I even thought these pictures won’t make it to the blog….but my self-designated fashion critique/BFF assured me that it’s just my imagination!

palazzo-pantsTop (Forever 21), Sans Souci palazzo pants, Chinese Laundry color-blocked chunky heels, House of Harlow 1960 Aly sunglasses (all from Marshalls) and Marciano fringe purse (Nordstrom Rack).

Hi Helen…thanks & welcome to the blog! I’ll also see you at your blog very very soon! Have a great weekend!!

I love it. I love those pants! where did you get those?? The whole look is fab on you..I am not sure why you second guessed it..you look great as usual.

Hi equally gorgeous Elena…you made my day again with that new Friday Inspiration illustration of Heather!! Thanks so much & have a great weekend my friend!

2. Kristen Marie Merck says

You are crazy to think you look awkward here in fact this is one of your best looks! thank God for your BFF!!

KM Merck

No I think it looks great! I’m glad you you posted the look. I’m keeping an eye out for some palazzo pants I like too. I think the floral top is a nice feminine pairing for them.

Love the palazzo pants! You look so chic and sophisticated.

I have a pair of palazzo pants…but I haven’t worn them because I’m quite short and pear shaped so I’m not convinced they will look good!

Thank you so much Lisa…Why dont you rethink wearing that palazzo? Maybe a little tailoring of the hems will help! :-)

You nailed it with this one. The way the peplum hits you at the smallest part of your waist is the perfect counter to the wide legged pants! You are crazy to think this outfit didn’t photograph well…you look stunning!

Isn’t it so frustrating when the photos don’t show how awesome the outfit truly is? But I have to tell you, I LOVE this! I died when I saw those pants! I want some that shape soo bad!! You look awesome!

7. Chandra Suzemann says

Chic pants! I hope I can pull that off as well as you did & that hair is really distracting the outfit, seriously! :-)

I do think the floral top goes very well with those palazzo pants! I love flowy pieces because they look so feminine, and this is how I feel about your outfit! I also like how the fringe in your clutch add to the movement of the outfit! Looking lovely, Rebecca!