Floral Risk

floral-peplum-top

There are some outfits that are so easy to shoot….and this floral peplum-y top from Forever 21 is certainly not one of them. :-)  I took a style risk with this mix because I’m really not so used to mixing loose tops like this with my breezy palazzo pants…so you could see here that I needed a lot of help from my hand to give this entire outfit some hint of shape! :-) :-)  I even thought these pictures won’t make it to the blog….but my self-designated fashion critique/BFF assured me that it’s just my imagination!

palazzo-pants

Marciano-fringe-bag-purse

palazzo-pantsTop (Forever 21), Sans Souci palazzo pants, Chinese Laundry color-blocked chunky heels, House of Harlow 1960 Aly sunglasses (all from Marshalls) and Marciano fringe purse (Nordstrom Rack).

Comments

Hi Helen…thanks & welcome to the blog! I’ll also see you at your blog very very soon! Have a great weekend!!

Hi equally gorgeous Elena…you made my day again with that new Friday Inspiration illustration of Heather!! Thanks so much & have a great weekend my friend!

1. Kristen Marie Merck says

You are crazy to think you look awkward here in fact this is one of your best looks! thank God for your BFF!!

KM Merck

No I think it looks great! I’m glad you you posted the look. I’m keeping an eye out for some palazzo pants I like too. I think the floral top is a nice feminine pairing for them.

xo
    nic
    mymannersandmoxie.com
    Nic recently posted..BlushingMy Profile

Love the palazzo pants! You look so chic and sophisticated.

I have a pair of palazzo pants…but I haven’t worn them because I’m quite short and pear shaped so I’m not convinced they will look good!
    Lisa Walter recently posted..Bad Bad BadMy Profile

Thank you so much Lisa…Why dont you rethink wearing that palazzo? Maybe a little tailoring of the hems will help! :-)

You nailed it with this one. The way the peplum hits you at the smallest part of your waist is the perfect counter to the wide legged pants! You are crazy to think this outfit didn’t photograph well…you look stunning!

Stephanie
    Stephanie recently posted..Bringing basics backMy Profile

Isn’t it so frustrating when the photos don’t show how awesome the outfit truly is? But I have to tell you, I LOVE this! I died when I saw those pants! I want some that shape soo bad!! You look awesome!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com
    Meredith recently posted..ClassicMy Profile

6. Chandra Suzemann says

Chic pants! I hope I can pull that off as well as you did & that hair is really distracting the outfit, seriously! :-)

Chandra