Desert Delights

black-and-white-paisley-maxi-dressfloppy-wide-brimmed-foldable-hatturquoise-bubble-necklaceLOreal-Le-Rouge-lipstickblack-white-maxi-dressJessica-Simpson-gold-flat-sandalsI’m wearing: Forever 21 Maxi Dress (similar), Hat (Hartford York LP157 given by Dorfman Pacific), Necklace (given by My Mad Collection), Vintage Chanel Bag, Jessica Simpson Gold Sandals @ TJ Maxx (splurge), L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick (here) and a Smile (my own!) :-)

The weekend came and went in a whirl…..as we hied off to eternally sunny Palm Springs for some R&R with my sister and her family who’ve been visiting from the Philippines.  Naturally, I didn’t pass up the chance to do a couple of photo shoots in between dining, shopping and just bumming around the scenic Southern California desert town. :-)

The desert sun wasn’t so cruel last weekend, but don’t let those overcast Pacific skies fool you into not protecting yourself against the harmful UV rays.  Thank God, the lovely PR people of Dorfman Pacific (thanks for always thinking of me!) sent this adorable yet affordable Hartford York wide brimmed hat (here) just in time for May which is aptly Melanoma (skin cancer) Awareness Month.

Amazing how accessories could switch up any outfit……this maxi dress has been in my closet for many years now but look how a necklace as lovely and distinctive (compared with the very-much-around bubble necklace) as this one from my newest sponsors My Mad Collection changed everything.   So for all of you out there who are still stumped as to what present to give Mom or yourself this Mothers’ Day, go check out their website (here)….who knows you might find just what you’re looking for!

Check out too my fun link up parties with these lovely blogs: DC in StyleNot  Dead Yet Style and Watch What I’m Wearing.

Those longer sunshine-y days are just so uplifting to the spirit, aren’t they? Enjoy your week everyone! ♥

P.S.  Dorfman-Pacific and My Mad Collection sent over the hat and necklace, respectively, for me to review and feature.  All the opinions thereof, are ALL mine (read my disclaimer here) and mine alone. ♥

Comments

I such as helpful information you source in your reports. Let me bookmark your website along with examine all over again in this article regularly. Now i am fairly selected I shall be told numerous new stuff suitable the following! Enjoy for!

Very nice maxi dress. Everybody seems to have a maxi dress, except me. Don’t think it will suit me either (no hips and being tall, a maxi dress will probably make me look like a stick with two lumps at the top).

Sounds like and amazing weekend, I’m so jealous about sunny weekend, we have nasty rainy days in DC:( As I said before, you are the best in styling maxi dresses! And thank you so much my dear for god wishes to me and my baby!!!

What an amazing dress, Rebecca. You look gorgeous!
    I love the sun and wish we had more sunshine over here but sun protection is so important not only in your area and I am doing regular skin cancer checks at my dermatologist.

Have a great week,
    Annette
    Lady of Style
    now on Facebook

What a perfect look for a sunny weekend, Rebecca – your maxi is so pretty but looks perfectly comfortable, and that wide-brimmed straw hat could not be any cuter. Of course, the fact that it helps to protect your face from UV rays doesn’t hurt, either!
    xox,
    Cee

I love a good maxi dress, and this one looks so good on you Rebecca! Love that you chose a turquoise necklace to wear with it!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

Rebecca, I always loved Maxi dresses on you, they look so flawless on you. I just got one for the wedding for my best friend but its way too long. What do you think how much should I trim oft hat? till they hit the bottom with shoes? Dont wanna ruin it :-)

Ani

That’s really frustrating to cut off some….but just trim off a little to let the hem skin the floor a little & let some of your shoes peep thru & not let you fall off … Good luck Ani!!

I .. l o v e … the desert! Hope you had a great time! Love the dress and necklace – perfect outfit for the warm desert climate.

Monica.