Memorial Maxi

black-and-white-maxi-dressaviator-sunglassesJessica-Simpson-gold-flat-sandalsNew-York-and-Company-oxblood-stretch-bangleHeavenly-Couture-cross-body-bagI’m wearing:  Espresso Maxi Dress @ Kohls (splurge), Heavenly Couture Purse (similar), Jessica Simpson Gold Sandals @ TJ Maxx (splurge), Armani A/X Aviator Sunglasses @ Nordstrom Rack (splurge), L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick (here) and a Smile (my own!) :-)

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Wow finally America gets its 1st holiday since New Year’s Day. :-)  When I first came to American shores, most of the culture shock I felt came from its holidays.  Coming from a nation (Philippines) of so much holidays, I was appalled at how few they were here.  Just imagine this….according to Google (because I already lost count), there’s a total of 19-20 Philippine holidays for 2013!  To be honest….it used to creep me out especially when I have to work during Good Fridays. ;-)

Except for that little 3rd world perk ;-) …..life has really been good (not perfect but good) to us out here.  Right now, I wouldn’t have it any other way and can’t think of any other place to live other than here in the Land of the Free….and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank America with all my heart for being so warm and welcoming.  And I look forward to giving back the best I can to this gorgeous land to express my deepest thanks. ♥

Check out too my fun link up parties with these lovely blogs:  Watch What I’m Wearing and YOLO Mondays.

Smile and stay safe everyone! ♥

Comments

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. You look so comfy and chic. I am a huge fan of maxi dresses. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I’m in love with your outfit. Love the whimsical bag and the striped dress. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too soon.

You look a lot slender when you wear maxis. and that purse adds a lot of fun. It might be only in the Philippines that holidays are a lot. I remember back then how the president can declare a holiday just because ! And not having a super long weekend during the holy week is a major adjustment to me. Have an awesome weekend amiga.

xo
    Sam

You wear maxis so well, Rebecca! I love the simplicity of this one, it looks like you could just throw it on and go, and look totally fabulous, without having to think at all about getting dressed – so perfect in the summer time :) And I know what you mean about holidays, we have so many here in France {there have been four this month alone!} that it will be hard to adjust to not having them when I’m back in Canada.
    xox,
    Cee

You look great! I didn’t realize you we’re from the Philippines, I’m so glad you’ve felt at home and accepted here, that’s so important!
    Ginny

What a perfect maxi dress on you. I love the black and white print on it. I can’t howelse you are going to style it. It’s a great addition to your summer wardrobe. Beautiful pictures of you.
    If you get a sec, check out my latest post Dazzling in Silver’. I think you’ll love this new skirt I bought this weekend. Thank you.

Kisses,

7. Mili says

Haha technically there’s also President’s day and MLK’s day which are both also federal holidays :) But I guess those aren’t necessarily very festive. Love how you brought in some color and print with your bag!

Mili from call me, Maeby

Ah such a simple and beautiful dress – I love it! And, yes we really need more holidays here in the US if it means long weekends :) Happy Memorial Day love! x, Kat

Love and Ace

That’s the story of us expats abroad. In my native country too we have a lot of holidays since it is a multi-racial country. We celebrate everything including Good Friday, Wesak, Deepavali, Chinese New Year.. man, I an go on and on! Here in Dubai, Christmas is NOT a holiday let alone Deepavali and Chinese New Year! Plus I had to get used to the fact that here our weekend is Friday and Saturday and work days starts on Sunday! Looking fab as always, Rebecca and enjoy the long weekend!

GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)

I know how you feel about holidays as here in traditionally catholic Bavaria, we have 13 this year :-)
    And I have great memories of a fantastic visit to your home country several years ago.

Such a cute striped dress, Rebecca! And I can’t get enough of the lovely scenery and flowers in the background.

Enjoy your holiday,
    Annette
    Lady of Style

Awww that’s nice to hear that you were able to stop by the Phils Annette…..did you go to Boracay or Palawan?