The Sweater Dress

our-world-boutique-baroque-print-sweater-dressHappy Monday everyone!  I just can’t fathom the fact that February is just around the corner and that a month has passed us by again…..and that I’ll be 49 in a blink of an eye (how did that happen??!!) ;-) ;-)

I actually stopped thinking about how that really happened a couple of years ago. :-) Yes ladies, for all of you who think it’s creepy being 40 and over…..all I can say is it’s not so bad up here. :-) You can still really wear anything that pleases you…..that is, as long as the reflection on the mirror before you step out that door still makes you happy (no qualms, no second thoughts, no cringing whatsoever!) ;-)

Let me unveil again another great pick from my style partner Our World Boutique. I am so living in cozy sweater dresses lately especially this and this….and who wouldn’t?  Aside from its obvious warmth, it is so versatile that it can be easily be dressed up or down with the right cardigan, blazer, tights and other accessories. ♥

crossbody-bag

baroque-printed-dress

ribbed-tightsI’m more than excited to join the link parties of these fabulous bloggers these week! ♥

1. DC in Style:  Monday Bloom
  24. Musings of a Housewife:  Fashion Friday
  25. Style Elixir:  Friday’s Fab Favorites
  26. CLK Fashions:  Fashion Boutique Favorites
  27. Peacoats and Plaid:  The Collective Social Blog Hop #57

red-lipstick

Kushyfoot-ribbed-tightsWhat I’m Wearing:

Dress given by Our World Boutique, Badgley Mischka Crossbody Purse from Saks Off 5th Outlet (splurge), Zara Boots (here), Kushyfoot Ribbed Tights (here), Wet n Wild Mega-Last Lip Color in Cherry Picking (here), Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Comments

Gorgeous as always! You could pass for a girl in her early 30′s my friend…actually younger. I totally agree about age. 1 more year until I’m in the 40′s club and I’m ready to embrace it.

I absolutely love those boots! Too bad they’re sold out. I’ve always been hesitant about wearing sweater dresses because a lot of them are not very forgiving but with this one, it doesn’t even seem like an issue. Maybe it’s because you wear it so well. And you’re right about being able to wear anything in your 40s as long as you’re happy with what you see. I think that I followed a lot more silly fashion rules when I was younger. Now that I’m in my 40s I’m a lot more comfortable in my skin and feel like I know what works on me.

Cynthia

What?! Are you kidding me, 49?! No way, I thought there was no way you were over 30! My goodness, what’s your secret?

In other news, the sweater dress looks so lovely on you, very comfy and cozy yet chic :) I’m so glad I found your blog! You should come visit my blog when you get the chance.

xo
    Dolce

You look adorable Rebecca. I looove your beautiful sweater dress. Perfect for this time of the year. February is my birth month too and I swear you don’t look your age at all. What do we have to do to look that good too? It’s really not hard to put on a poker face. Wear a thin shirt when it -1 degrees outside! You’ll see it will work wonders :D
    Have a happy weekend!

xx Mira

You look absolutely fabulous for your age! And you are really rocking that sweater dress! Love the print and fit! Thanks for linking up with Winter Must Haves! :)

Sweety you don’t look a day older then 27, seriously! How can anyone look so young and vibrant at 49??!
    You are a true example to anyone!

Loving that sweater dress, you look lovely as always and I am in love with those tan boots!!

Kisses and enjoy an amazing day my friend

xoxo Tamara Chloé

Dear Rebecca, I couldn’t believe you will be 49. You look so much younger and you look absolutely amazing and in VERY good shape! I think that happiness make people look younger and maybe that is your secret (besides good genes). Regarding your outfit, I love it! I’m a big fan of sweater dresses and wear them as often as possible during the cold months. Yours is so beautiful and the print is really unique. I love your tights and boots. I was going to ask where you bought these beautiful tights and saw that you posted the link of the website where you got it from. They don’t have small, and maybe the medium ones fit me. You look lovely! Stay warm!

Hi Lu….it always makes me smile reading your engaging & awesome comment. Everything you say is such a compliment because it comes from a very pretty & kind-hearted lady!!

Thanks so much for stopping by the Fashionably Employed Link Up! I love a great sweater dress – cute and stylish but so comfy, especially with tights and boots. Hope to see you next week. :)

What a pretty and unique sweater dress. Love the pattern on it. I have a similar one that has sort of a Lace Pattern like yours. I am actually wearing it in real life today. On the blog today I have a Bright, Fun Unique Sweater Dress like yours. Great Minds think alike. And you know I love those Boots Rebecca.

I’d love for you to come to my blog tomorrow and link up this awesome Winter Look. We will feature Leggings and Boots but all Winter Outfits are welcome. Please stop by, link up and make sure you link back. Thanks so much, Ada. =)

49?!? I just convinced myself you had your daughter when you were 13. You look amazing! I love that dress and booties on you! Those booties always draw my attention! Thanks for linking up!!