Maxi Return

tie-dye-ombre-maxi-dress

Those of you who have been with me for quite a while now are oh-so familiar with my love affair with the maxi dress. It’s an “I-would-live-in-it-if-I-could” kind of love and I’m bringing it back this Spring via one of my favorite maxi dresses in the book.  By the way….except for the lipstick, nothing in this look is new.  One of the obvious perks that come with shopping for the classics….they never go out of fashion which totally works for this cost-conscious mom. :-)

If you’re with me at Facebook or Instagram…..you would notice that I’m riding the orange lipcolor bandwagon (love how Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o wore hers here) via this gorgeous lipstick I’m wearing right now which is part of a beauty stash I’m supposed to review for Smart Bomb Cosmetics.  In as much as this blogger is not much into eye makeup….I chose a lot of products from their skin care line.  Watch out for my full-length review of their products very soon. ♥

Please join me again same time next week.  By then, you will already be viewing this blog through a new design which is scheduled to unveil on Monday, April 7 (1 a.m. PST).  I already saw the big picture via a test site from my sweet and talented designer (her identity will likewise be revealed at the launch :-) )….and I can’t be more excited and satisfied! ;-)

Kenneth-Cole-embellished-sandals

Marciano-fringe-crossbody-bag

ombre-maxi-dressI’ll always be thankful to be a part of a lovely community of bloggers who never fail to send me invites to join their fun link ups:

aeropostale-denim-jacket

spring-summer-style

hair-inspiration

What I’m Wearing:

Maxi Dress from Ross (similar), Aeropostale Denim Jacket (similar), Marciano Purse from Nordstrom Rack (splurge), Forever 21 bracelet, Kenneth Cole Slippers from Marshalls (splurge), Michael Kors Dylan watch, Sunglasses from a random store (similar), Lipstick given by Smart Bomb Cosmetics, Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Comments

Hi beautiful friend :)))))

I have to agree with you that maxi’s are always a winner!
    So comfy yet always feminine ,classy and easy.
    I love how you paired it with the denim jacket, when warm weather strikes these are usually my picks also!!
    U look absolutely beautiful as always, Do you ever age lol

Much love and kisses and oohw yes I love the new design here!

Muwaaaah xoxo Tamara Chloé

Loving your maxi dress! & i’m with you on buying classics, that never go out of fashion. Much better to have your own style, & yours is lovely. Now, could we please have some of that sunshine you’ve got there, here in the UK please?
    xx

Boy do I love a good maxi and this one is perfection! Love the boho tie dyed print and you look flawless in it!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

Oh, what a beautiful style, I love these photographs. I love her dress, very special, the color is tasteful here. Actually the bag is my favorite, I love its elegant shape. The dress and bag, well, is a really perfect combination. In this summer, I will try this combination ^_^

I adore this look on you Rebecca! Boho done right. In fact I’ll just get you to pop this whole look in the mail will you? : ) Love it all.

bisous
    Suzanne

Hello Rebecca! You look beautiful and what a perfect backdrop for your maxi look! Maxis are a great long, lean look and just the right thing to wear in a warm climate. My maxis would be dragging in the snow up here in Ontario. Yes, we still have snow, but it won’t be long now.

I remember your lovely maxi in the Fabulous After 40 featuring you, Greetje and me!

♥ carmen

Wonderful dress in such great tones! Your bag is so cool and fun. Your sunglasses are just perfect for this beautiful day.

blue hue wonderland

So true..I could live in my maxi dresses all Spring/Summer long! Great dress and love the fringe bag.
    Looking forward to checking out your blog’s redesign ;)
    xoxo Natasha

Yes for that orange lipstick!! Looks amazing on you Rebecca. I have already seen it on Facebook and I’m looking forward to read your review and of course can’t wait to see the new layout!! Wow that dress looks marvelous too and I love that fringe bag!! Well I think fringe is the new trend! We both can’t be wrong haha. Have a happy Monday Rebecca :D

xx Mira

When ever I wear or see a maxi dress, I always think of you. Love this one and it fits you beautifully. What a great day for pictures.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    Love,

That’s gorgeous, dear Rebecca! The maxi look suits you so well.
    Oh and I love the scenery!!

Don’t ask me why I didn’t follow you on FB and Instagram yet but I certainly do now!!

Have a lovely week,