Back to the 70′s

fraas-dottie-scarf

I may be a child of the 80′s but I have always been a huge fan of everything about the 70′s….the music (I’m a certified disco kid and Donna Summer is my muse :-) ), the TV shows (Charlie’s Angels!), the hairstyles (which explains my everlasting love for the Farrah Fawcett shaggy and feathered ‘do :-) ), and most of all THE fashion (wrap dresses, midi skirts, jumpsuits, huge chain belts, flared/bell bottom jeans, platform heels….yay!) ♥

Finally finding this belt of my dreams a few weeks back at Marshalls really got me excited to replicate the look of that era. :-) And this monochromatic black 70′s-inspired outfit served as the perfect palette for this colorful and highly versatile polka dot scarf I chose from FRAAS‘ fabulous Spring-Summer 2014 collection.  You may call 212-575-0191 if you want to order this specific scarf which comes in a rainbow of colors such as turquiose, yellow, pink, green and taupe or check other lovely pieces at Amazon.

By the way, why don’t you hop on over to my pretty friend Paige’s blog Life’s A Party Dress Like It where yours truly will take over the reins while she takes a vacay at the fabulous Cabo San Lucas! ♥

It’s totally a crazy busy week here at the blog.  Yours truly is also the featured blogger and co-host at THE HUMP DAY BLOG HOP….a midweek link party created by my fit and fab friend Liz Taylor of the FITNESS BLONDIE.  So hop on over to her blog now to join the fun and get fitness tips along the way! ♥

Fraas-spring-scarf

palazzo-pants

fraas-polka-dot-spring-scarf

disco-outfitI’ll always be grateful to be a part of a lovely community of bloggers who never fail to send me invites to join their fun link ups:

Chinese-Laundry-wedges

loose-curls-hairstyle

What I’m Wearing:

Dottie Scarf c/o FRAAS;    BlushBrow Pencil & Blender and Moisturizer c/o SMART BOMB COSMETICS;    Mossimo by Target tank top;    Palazzo Pants and Belt from Marshalls;    Chinese Laundry Shoes @ Marshalls (similar);    Vera Wang for Kohl’s sunglasses (splurge version here);    Michael Kors Dylan Watch;   Wet n Wild Mega-Last Lip Color in Cherry Picking (here);   Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Comments

I love the all black with pop of color, smile and the lovely succulents beside you. This outfit is a perfect one to really showcase one of you God given assets. Being amazingly tall. I notice that your pictures are getting more amazing, who’s the talented photographer?

xo
    Sam

Ilove the way you are wearing a coloured scarf underneath your chin. I have a colour business and I’m always encouraging my clients to wear a colour scarf from their palette when they wear black as it can drain and dull their skin tone. Love the lime, really adventurous! I recently got a pair of flare denims and a large brimmed fedora which is also very 70′s!
    I got your link from Plane Pretty Sunday link-up. I am also now following you on bloglovin. I will leave my link but please no pressure as I know some bloggers find this annoying!

You look so amazing in this jumpsuit. And yes the belt brings me back to the seventies (I was around then… Hahah). Heads will have turned when you wore this. Is your husband OK with that? LOL
    Greetje

I love this outfit, and the green scarf. Lovely. =)

Feel free to check out my blog too if you have some extra time. Take Care =)

sprinkleofmetime.blogspot.com

70s never looked so good!! You make everything look fantastic and fun! This cool scarf is the perfect accessory for your outfit.

Fashion is fun!
    ♥ carmen

You are totally rocking this outfit. Everything about it rocks! You look gorgeous. I’m so a kid of the 80′s myself and I love anything 80′s and 70s music is good too. :D

Hahaha…..no Elena I bought those separately about 1 year apart & was pleasantly surprised that they match well!

I love that!

I’m 5’4″.. so I’m not sure it would work for me.. But, I am totally going to go try one on!

Found you from Fitness Blondie’s Blog hop!

Have a wonderful Day!

Wow these pants, scarf and belt look amazing on you Rebecca!!! I love the 70′s style too and don’t have to tell you how much I love Charlie’s Angels! With this outfit you could easily be one of them. Have a happy Wednesday pretty :D

xx Mira

I love that look. I’ve always been a fan of big, flared trousers.
    I love 70s music too. Guilty of going straight to the 70s and 80s room at the nightclub that I work in.

Looks great on you! I do remember the wide legs of the 70 and the chain belts. So cool as you are showing us here! Love the green scarf, beautifully done.

blue hue wonderland

Fabulous and modern updated 70′s look. You know .. the clothing from that era is really awesome if it was just made out of something other than polyester.

Monica.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love it!! What a great job styling this chic look. Great touch adding the vibrant scarf.

Love,

I would have loved to have seen more of those sandals you are wearing. They look groovy baby! : )

The belt is classic 70′s.

bisous
    Suzanne

I am obsessed with the seventies, and you could be a forth Angel what do you think? Or go dancing at Studio 54 in these great pants!
    xx