Prints Mix

front-row-shop-full-midi-skirt-in-brocade

Perhaps one of the greatest imprints blogging will leave on my persona is the ability courage gall to mix prints in a single look……something my mom wouldn’t ever understand. :-)   I’d say print mixing is not a walk in the park and I’m so amazed at how a lot of bloggers out there make it all look so effortless.  In my book, however, I’d rather start with neutral colors like my favorite B&W combo.  But my life lately is all about getting out of my comfort zones…..so who knows what’s next? ;-)

So it’s another eureka moment at my annual closet Spring cleaning when I found this seemingly unlikely pair….stripes, florals (that skirt is brocade), then pushing the envelope a little farther with a leopard print belt to keep it all together. ♥

target-style-merona-striped-tee-shirt

loose-curls-beach-waves-hair

huge-sunglasses

summer-trendsIt will forever be my pleasure to be a part of a lovely community of bloggers who never fail to send me invites to join their fun link ups:

DC in Style – Monday Bloom  ::  Fizz and Frosting – Mix it Mondays  ::  Still Being Molly – Funday Monday  ::  Watch What I’m Wearing  ::  #HowISummer Link Up  ::  Basic Training Corporate Style – Fashionably Employed Link Up  ::  More Pieces of Me –   Manic Monday  ::  On The Daily Express  ::  CCMcAfee Perspective – The Sunday Link Up  ::  Whitney Nic James – Personal Style Monday  ::  Life’s A Party Dress Like It – Stylish Tuesday  ::  Beauty Buzz Link Up  ::  Trend Spin Link Up  ::  Cute and Little – Color Brigade Link Up  ::  Because Shanna Said So – Random Wednesday  ::  Fitness Blondie – The Hump Day Blog Hop  ::  I Feel Pretty – Graduated  ::  Mix and Match Fashion – Summer Style Weekly Link Up  ::  Spotlight of the Week  ::  Look What I Got  ::  Mummy’s Got Style – Fashion Friday  ::  Musings of a Housewife – Fashion Friday  ::  Simple Sequins – Fashion Item Friday  ::  The Fashionista Momma – Stylish Saturday  ::  Street Style Sunday

envelope-clutch

Bamboo-brand-chunky-heels-color-blocked-pumps-shoes

Skirt c/o FRONT ROW SHOP (similar);   Top @ Target (similar);    Tory Burch Reva purse;    Belt from Kohls;   Forever 21 bracelet;   Bamboo Shoes @ Marshalls (similar);   Michael Kors Dylan Watch;    Wet n Wild Mega-Last Lip Color in Cherry Picking (here);   Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Comments

Stripes and florals are the absolute perfect combination of prints. Loving this look Rebecca, especially that gorgeous skirt!
    xox,
    Cee

It’s so funny, but in the “old” days (aka – before blogging), I wouldn’t EVER think stripes and florals would look good together. Now, I put so-called crazy combinations together like that all the time.

This outfit is pretty, and fun!

xo Jackie
    Something About That

Great ensemble (skirt mainly) Rebecca! Thanks for this fun post. You always have such lovely large photos, that are sharp and well defined. Awesome. Thanks for being at “Fashion item Friday” especially on our ‘Lucky’ one. lol ♥, Renae

Hi my lovely Rebecca! Wish you a wonderful and relaxed weekend! Thanks goodness it has cooled off again. Haha of course you can have the clutch :D

xx

I absolutely LOVE how you mixed these patterns! I would have never guessed it was pushing your comfort zone because you make it look effortless! Of all the posts in the linkup, yours just absolutely popped and I just had to click on it! I LOVE it!! :) Stopping by from I Feel Pretty!

Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

And you have done well. I also find it extremely difficult to mix patterns. Often it is too much to my taste when I see it on other bloggers too. But it can lift an outfit to a higher level, so I try too. But not much (chicken is my middle name). Like in your outfit, I love the top, skirt and belt, but I would have tried to find another bag and shoes. Or I would have worn a red belt, which would have made it too matchy/matchy. So don’t listen to this, I don’t know anything about mixing patterns. As I said chicken. And conservative. That’s me.
    Greetje

Hahaha you can always do it Greet….we will all look forward to that day!!!! Have a great weekend….btw Netherlands won in today’s game at the WC!

Thanks Katy for stopping by! I was just at your blog & I love all the spaces there and I tried to put in my thoughts but I couldn’t find the comments section. Is it just me?

Your brocade skirt is just gorgeous! It looks wonderful paired with your striped top and leopard belt. I love how your shoes tie back into the stripes, as well. Great job on pushing yourself!

Jennie@http://apocketfulofpolkadots.blogspot.com/

Blogging will do that to a person, take you “out of the box”. This combo looks very good on you and you are rockin’ it. I have not been able to mix yet it is a work in progress for me.

The only thing better than a little bit of print mixing is a lot of print mixing! I must say I’m impressed with the way you mixed so many prints in this outfit and you look so chic! tee with stripes, animal print belt and a gorgeous flower skirt…and multi-coloured heels ! this is a work of a genious:)

and you look as stunning as usual!

You look perfect in your mixed print outfit. No worries chica. You’ve got this! :) I love how you mixed the leopard in & the shoes & bag. Very clever darling. I’d give you an A+++. :) Have a wonderful week lovely.

Debra
    StylewisebyDebra.com

Wow Rebecca breathtaking outfit. I love the beautiful floral skirt and the way you styled it. Fabulous mix of prints! Can’t wait to see what’s next. I’m sure you’ll rock a colorful mix of prints too. Wish you a happy Monday. We have 40 degrees and my plans to move to a warmer country are cancelled haha. I have totally forgotten that I don’t like the heat at all :D

xx Mira

Pattern mixing is not one of my skills and I love to see bloggers who inspire me. So, well done, Rebecca! I find pattern mixing best in monochrome colours as you show it today. I just love the rose prints, dear!

Annette | Lady of Style