Black Five

Black-Five-long-sleeved-floral-printed-short-blazer

Via this post…..you would know that I’m not kidding when I told you a few posts back that I’m really ready to bust out of my style comfort zones. ;-)   And there is probably no better season to try out new looks and trends than Summer.

Just when I thought I had enough of the floral and stripes combo which I experimented with in my previous post……then a new collaboration with BLACK FIVE comes along where this not-so-young blogger was made to choose from a vast array of the most cutting edge (read: youth-oriented :-) ) and trendy outfits.

It was totally love at first sight when I spotted these cropped blazer and shorts (both are lined) on-site which quickly turned to everlasting love when I finally met them in person because of the great fit (I ordered in a size up) and silky feel of the fabrics (not to mention that the shorts has pockets!) ;-)

So why don’t you guys check out BLACK FIVE soon (sign up now and get 20% off your first buy plus shipping is free worldwide) and get lost in their huge collection of “fast-fashion” clothes, bags, shoes and accessories….I’m sure you will love it too!  ♥

Black-Five-cross-striped-empire-waist-shorts

Black-Five-cropped-floral-blazer
j-crew-white-vintage-v-neck-tee

Kenneth-Cole-embellished-sandals

DSC_1260 copy

It will forever be my pleasure to be a part of a lovely community of bloggers who never fail to send me invites to join their fun link ups:

WIW Sunday Link Up  ::  Monday Bloom  ::  Visible Monday  ::  Watch What I’m Wearing  ::  Funday Monday  ::  Mix It Mondays  ::  #HowISummer Link Up  ::  Manic Monday  ::  On the Daily Express  ::  Fashionably Employed Link Up  ::  Personal Style Monday  ::  Style Sessions Fashion Link Up  ::  Stylish Tuesday  ::  Beauty Buzz  ::  Trend Spin Link Up  ::  Color Brigade Link Up  ::  Random Wednesday  ::  What I Wore Wednesday  ::  The Hump Day Blog Hop  ::  I Feel Pretty  ::  All About You Link and Pin Party  ::  Fashion A La Mode Link Up  ::  Spotlight of the Week – Shorts  ::  Look What I Got  ::  Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up  ::  Summer Style Weekly Link Up  ::  Favorite Fashion Friday  ::  Fashion Friday  ::  Fashion Item Friday  ::  Fashion Friday  ::  Friday’s Fab Favorites  ::  Passion for Fashion Link Up  ::  Street Style Sunday  ::  I Would So Rock This Link Party

Black-Five-striped-silk-shorts

stripes-shorts

Chinese-Laundry-chunky-heels-open-toe-shoes

Blazer and Shorts c/o BLACK FIVE   ::   J. Crew tee   ::   Mirrored Aviators @ Marshalls (splurge)   ::   Chinese Laundry Shoes @ Marshalls (similar)   ::   Kenneth Cole flip-flops @ Marshalls (splurge)   ::   Michael Kors Dylan Watch   ::  Wet n Wild Mega-Last Lip Color in Cherry Picking (here)   ::   Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Comments

NICE…. You can see the quality of these pieces from a mile away. Although far too short for me, I will say you look good in them. God, you must appall all these women in your neighbourhood haha. Green with envy they look at you and think “how does she do that?” I hope they don’t get nasty to you. Jealousy is such a bitch.
    Greetje

Such a stylish, chic and versatile outfit! I really love the floral print and perfect for both day and evening. Thanks so much for joining in Street Style Sunday

Laura x

What a fantastic combo Rebecca! Love the blazer and the shorts together, is such a glamorous mix of prints! And you look so smashing!:) Happy weekend! xo

I am so happy you burst out of your comfort zone because I absolutely LOVE this outfit! The cropped floral blazer looks fabulous and reflective glasses always look great.
    xo Olivia

This is simply fabulous ! I love that you don’t select your clothing based on the rules of what women should wear at certain ages. I have been contemplating buying a shorter skirt for summer, and worry that I am too old to wear it! I truly think that we should wear what looks best on us and forget the rules! You look amazing!! Susan

Those shorts are darling! They defintiely look deep enough to hold a cell phone or something! A lip gloss? Or a dollar bill?! The possiblities are endless! Love the stripes, and how flattering the length is. They definitely look fantastic on you. Are you still running these days? I can tell, work those shorts, your legs deserve some attention! (And your heels? DANG! Those are some high shoes!)

Clare

Awwww I’m really always so happy to hear from you Clare….yes I still do run but not so much for the legs but for my high cholesterol haha!

I am in love with your shorts and blazer. Both beautiful pieces in 2 of my most favorite prints. The turquoise little sandals are super adorable, too. Rocking the mirrored sunnies too, Rebecca!! =)

Wow wow wow sexy lady!! Marvelous uber stylish hot look. I loooove that blazer and the shorts. Floral and stripes prints are the perfect combo. Totally in love with this oufit. Have a wonderful day Rebecca. I have checked out Black Five and I looove their collection :D

xx Mira

I haven’t heard of this brand, but I love those shorts on you! As usual, you pair things perfectly. Such an inspiration.

Oh my gosh, this looks wonderful on you! I am so loving those striped shorts and floral blazer. And your shoes… just gorgeous!

Jennie@http://apocketfulofpolkadots.blogspot.com/

I love a good mixed pattern look. Floral and stripes combo can never go wrong. Meanwhile, loving the colored mirror shades.

I found your blog via Whitney’s Monday Link-up post. :)

You look Great as always and maybe you should say “not-so-old” ’cause you are giving those young gals a run for the money. . .LOL!.

Hi Gorgeous!
    I love floral!! I especially love the print and the colors in this jacket. Your shoes are always fab, and I liked that you paired it with the cute stripped shorts!
    Have a great week