Closet Classics

leather-jacket

Happy New Year everyone!  It sure is great to get back to the grind after the highly-jampacked but truly lovely holiday season.  And I felt there’s no better way to open a spanking new year than go back to my roots.  When I started blogging and still up to now – I vowed to myself that I will not shell out extra large bucks (that Chanel purse can wait till my son graduates from college :-) ) just to keep my looks relevant for the blog.  Yes I will evolve (and who doesn’t?) – but I would like to think that I’m still the same old bargain style hunter who plans every single purchase to the last detail.

So it’s back to closet shopping for me for my 1st post in 2015 – and it’s none other than my all-time favorite LBD (which I swear is just a little bit younger than my daughter :-) ) and a leather jacket to protect me from this draft-y weather hounding Los Angeles lately.

It’s been a great 2014….but I’m so looking forward to turning a new chapter in my so-called book of life in 2015 as this is the year I turn golden!  And it would be a huge pleasure if you could join me in this journey we all call life!  ♥

lbd

transitional-style

leather-jacket

hair-ideas

Badgley-Mischka-crossbody-bag

hammock-and-palms-bamboo-sunglasses

What I’m Wearing  >>  Calypso Crush bamboo sunglasses (2014) c/o HAMMOCK AND PALMS   ::   Foreign Exchange Leather Jacket (2012)   ::   LBD with built-in belt (1996ish)   ::   Badgley Mischka bag (2013)   ::   Kenneth Cole shoes via Ross (2009)   ::   Michael Kors watch (2013)  ::   MAC Ruby Woo lipstick   ::   Hair and Smile (my own!) ;-)

Do check out and join my fun and precious linkups (and meet new friends along the way!) for the week.  Thanks for the invites…..love you all fabulous ladies!  ♥

Weekend Snapshots   ::   #HowIFall   ::   Watch What I’m Wearing   ::   Mix It Mondays   ::   Manic Monday   ::   On The Daily Express   ::   #LetItShine   ::   Style to Inspire   ::   Sophisticated Style   ::   Creative Mondays   ::   Trend Spin   ::   Confident Twosday   ::    Tremendous Tuesday   ::   Celebrate Southern   ::   Style Sessions   ::   Real Mom Street Style   ::   Random Wednesday   ::   Trendy Wednesday   ::   Style Me Wednesday   ::   Watcha Wearing Wednesday   ::   I Feel Pretty   ::   Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays   ::   Oh, Hey Girl!   ::   Life &  Style   ::   What Wives Wear   ::   Treat Yo’Self Thursday   ::   Thursday Favorites   ::   Throwback Thursday   ::   Spotlight of the Week   ::   #WIWT – Maui Nights   ::   What I Wore to Work   ::   A Labour of Fashion   ::   #FashionFriday   ::   That Friday Blog Hop   ::   Passion4Fashion   ::   Friday’s Fab Favorites   ::   Blogging Besties   ::   Fashion Friday   ::   Style Me Bloggers   ::   Casual Friday   ::   Stylish Saturday

Comments

That is a nice cropped leather jacket. And the color works with so much! Thanks for linking up at Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

LOVE this jacket with this LBD, gorgeous together! You look stunning as always!

Thanks so INCREDIBLY much for always supporting Tremendous Tuesday! It means so much to me! Hugs! Amber

A LBD never goes out of style and I love the combination with your leather jacket, Rebecca.
    You look gorgeous as ever and I always love seeing your smile and the sunshine in LA.
    Happy New Year my dear!

Annette | Lady of Style

Happy New Year Rebecca! You look stunning as always! I love your lbd (boy I can’t believe it’s that old!) and the cool leather jacket. Wish you all the best for 2015!!

xx

What an adorable dress! It looks wonderful with your leather jacket. I plan to do a lot more shopping my closet this year, as I just have too much stuff! Happy New Year, Rebecca!

Great look Rebecca, love your dress :) whoo I want some of your beautiful sunshine, it is so cold here!!

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays…

Great closet shopped look :) The sunnies, bag and shoes are lovely.

I am of the same idea. You will find always something “old” in my outfits as I didn’t and don’t go shopping crazy just because of the blog.

Alex – Funky Jungle

One of my goals this year is to stay on a strict monthly budget and shop my closet more! LOVE this dress on you, and the jacket is perfect with it. You look gorgeous as usual!

Turning golden and looking super hot while doing it! Your LBD and jacket are a perfect combo.
    Im turning the BIG 4-0 this year and ladies like yourself remind me that you can be fabulous at any age!
    xoxo Natasha

LOL!!! That is funny that you said this dress is a little younger than your daughter! Crazy how simple pieces can last us for years….like a LBD. I love the camel/cognac accents too. Happy New Year and many blessings to you and your family! xoxo

I like the tan leather jacket with the cute LBD! So nice that you’ve kept it in your wardrobe so long!

Hope that you have a wonderful 2015, with many more great outfits!

How friggin’ cute! See, I need you – That is a simple yet classy outfit, I would NEVER have even thought about. If you ever see my closet, you will die.

This is such a gorgeous and chic look! I love the jacket! I don’t own a leather jacket and I have it on my wish list! I love this color!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!! Susan

14. Simona says

Nice comn ibation of colors! Your style is very cool!
    Inspiration in waiting you on Talis Romania- Povestea unui sezon

Not that I have ever been one to buy designer duds, but I have been known to spend too much on things I just don’t need. So this year I am vowing to be better at my spending and really plan my purchases! Nothing better than some closet shopping!

Love how you’ve brightened up your dress with your tan leather jacket. I can’t believe you’re turning golden this year. you look 10 years younger! Love your hair too!

17. Jeannette says

Hello Rebecca! This post proves one more time that we don’t always have to go out and spend money to show a wonderful look in our blogs. That dress is so cute and the entire look is super stylish and very chic. In my opinion that is what a true stylist is all about. Love the post, the outfit and the fact that you shopped your very own closet to create such wonderful look. Thanks for sharing my sweet friend:-) Have an amazing week! XOXO, Jeannette

I always love the mix of black and coffee/brown leather jackets. Your outfit is total cuteness and I smiled at the comment of the dress being a bit younger than your daughter :) I have pieces like that. Happy New Year dear, XOXO, Elif

Happy New Year, my friend. I wish only the best for you, your blog and the family. May God continue to bless you and guide you. Love what you’re wearing today. Love the length of this dress on you.

Love ya,